Call For Proposals
UnDisciplined Graduate Conference, 2020
March 20-22, 2020
Proposal Deadline: January 17th, 2020
Queen’s University at Katarokwi/Kingston
“If the structure does not permit dialogue the structure must be changed”
― Paulo Freire
UnDisciplined is a graduate student conference for scholars whose modes of inquiry intersect the humanities, social sciences, sciences, technology, activism, and the arts. It is a space for sharing scholarly, artistic, and/or activist work that theorizes or reveals forces that shape human experiences. We invite scholars and artists whose work breaks down conventional divisions between disciplines, academia and activism, as well as theoretical critique and cultural production. As such, UnDisciplined brings together researchers focused on areas and fields, rather than disciplines and traditions, embracing research that poses problems, creates dialogue, and questions the disciplining of thought in academia.
We invite submissions that transcend or crack disciplinary boundaries in theory and method, abstraction and enactment, so as to challenge, transform and illuminate the world around us. Thus, there are no thematic restrictions to the range of topics that could be presented. For this year’s conference, we are accepting graduate work in the form of scholarly presentations and papers, performances, book talks, workshops, and creative research projects (i.e. research-creation, or practice-based research).
Applications are open until January 17th, 2020.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UnDisciplined 2020 will take place Friday March 20th to Sunday March 22ndat the Agnes Etherington Art Centre, Queen’s University. Queen’s is situated on unceded Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee Territory, in Katarokwi, Ontario.
Detailed Application Instructions:
- All proposals must be submitted through google forms, you can access the form by clicking here.
- Multiple applications will not be accepted, except in the case where an individual is also part of one group proposal.
- UnDisciplined only accepts work from current graduate students. Post Doctorate scholars may submit book talks.
- When necessary, applications requiring media attachments (i.e. video, photographs) should be emailed to email@example.com
- Proposals/Abstracts are capped at 300 words. Panel proposals have an allowance of 300 words + 100 words per panelist.
- All proposals will be subject to double blind peer review.
- Results will be announced some time in late February.
If you cannot view the application portal below, please click here to access the portal.